INDY FUEL WEEK 11 RESULTS: 2-1-0-1, 10-14-2-2 Overall
Tuesday, December 28 - Fuel 4 vs Norfolk 0:
In the first meeting ever between the two teams, the Indy Fuel hosted the Norfolk Admirals on Tuesday night. After a scoreless first period, the Fuel scored four goals and saw Michael Lackey earn his first shutout as they cruised to a win on Tuesday.
Wednesday, December 29 - Fuel 2 vs Norfolk 3 SO:
Playing the second half of back-to-back games, the Indy Fuel hosted the Norfolk Admirals on Wednesday night. After finishing tied 2-2, the Fuel and Admirals went to sudden-death overtime and shootout before Norfolk earned the 3-2 win.
Friday, December 31 - Fuel 2 at Toledo 7:
In the first-ever outdoor game for Indy, the Fuel visited the Toledo Walleye at Fifth Third Field on New Year’s Eve. Although scoring the opening goal, the Fuel gave up seven goals in their second loss in a row.
Sunday, January 2 - Fuel 4 vs Iowa 1:
Playing the first game of the calendar year, the Fuel hosted the Iowa Heartlanders at Indiana Farmers Coliseum. After a scoreless first period, Indy saw four goals from CJ Eick, Spencer Watson and Seamus Malone (2) as they won 4-1 on Sunday afternoon.
INDY FUEL WEEK 12 SCHEDULE:
Friday, January 7 - Fuel vs Wheeling (7:00 p.m. ET, Indiana Farmers Coliseum)
Saturday, January 8 - Fuel at Wheeling (7:10 p.m. ET, WesBanco Arena)
After playing four games in Week 11, the Fuel will have a few days off before beginning a home and home series with the Wheeling Nailers. “We want to make sure we are as smart as we possibly can be and stay healthy and prepare for Wheeling. A home and home with Wheeling is pretty big,” said Doug Christiansen following Indy’s 4-1 win over Iowa. Indy needs to earn points in order to stay out in the playoff picture. They are currently seven points out of the final playoff spot in the Central Division.
- Michael Lackey earned his first shutout of the season on Tuesday
- Jared Thomas’ point streak snapped at 14 games
- Thomas’ point streak was the second-longest in franchise history
- Jan Mandat has a goal and five assists in his last four games
- Seamus Malone has four goals in his last four games
- Spencer Watson has eight goals in his last 10 games
- Watson is tied for fourth in the ECHL in goals (15)
- CJ Eick is on a three-game point streak (1g, 2a)
- Brycen Martin played his first game in a Fuel uniform on Sunday and picked up an assist
- With two wins at home this week, the Fuel are 8-4-0-1 on home ice
- Indy is 4th in the ECHL in average penalty minutes (17.54)
- The Fuel are 7-5-2-1 when scoring first
- The Fuel have the 9th best power play in the ECHL (22.2%)
- The Fuel are 24th in the ECHL on the PK (75.1%)
- Indy is 7-1-0-0 when leading after 2 periods
- The Fuel are averaging 3.39 goals for per game putting them in 9th in the league
- The team is 23rd in the ECHL in goals against (3.64)
Various ticket options are now on sale for the Fuel’s 8th season at Indiana Farmers Coliseum! Lock up your seat for every second of the action at Indiana Farmers Coliseum with a Fuel Ticket Plan – grab yours by heading to IndyFuelHockey.com or by calling the Fuel front office at 317-925-FUEL.
Catch every home game this season with a free online radio stream at IndyFuelHockey.com! Click the “Watch/Listen Live” button to hear Andrew Smith and Nick Olczyk bring you all of the action from Indiana Farmers Coliseum. Fans can also watch all 72 games at home and on the road live through FloSports!
FOLLOW THE FUEL:
Don’t forget to follow the Fuel on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and TikTok (IndyFuel) for news, updates, contests and much more throughout the 2021-22 season! Join the Fuel by using the hashtag #FuelTheFire on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
-- INDYFUELHOCKEY.COM -