INDY FUEL WEEK 2 RESULTS: 1-1-0-0, 3-1-0-0 Overall (2nd Central)
GAME 3 - SATURDAY, OCTOBER 29 AT READING - 3-1 W
The Fuel headed to Reading for back-to-back games against the Royals where they split the series, starting with a win on Saturday night. Mitchell Hoelscher got the game-winning goal on a shorthanded opportunity for his first of the season. Mandat and Texeira also had a goal a piece to secure the win.
GAME 4 - SUNDAY, OCTOBER 30 AT READING - 3-2 L
The Fuel had their first loss of the season on Sunday in their second match with the Royals who were able to put up 40 shots on goaltedner Mitchell Weeks. Chad Yetman had both Fuel goals in the game but it was ultimately not enough to top Reading.
- Goaltender Mitchell Weeks was recalled by the Rockford IceHogs on 10/31.
- Goaltender Cam Gray was signed by the Fuel on 11/1.
- Alex Wideman is two assists away from breaking the Fuel franchise assists record of 73.
- Keoni Texeira is right behind him with 69 assists as a member of the Fuel.
- This Saturday will be Keoni Texeira's 250th ECHL game as well as Bryan Lemos' 200th ECHL game.
- Chase Lang leads the Fuel in shots with 13.
- Chad Yetman leads the team with 4 goals and is currently averaging one goal per game.
- Alex Wideman and Mitchell Hoelscher lead the league in power play assists with four each.
- The Fuel are tied for first in the league in shorthanded goals with two so far this season.
- With a power play success rate of 33%, the Fuel are tied with Toledo for the best power play in the Central division.
- The Fuel goaltenders have faced the most shots among teams who have played four games or less with 129.
INDY FUEL WEEK 3 SCHEDULE
- GAME 5 - FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 4 VS IOWA - GET TICKETS
- GAME 6 - SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 5 VS KALAMAZOO - GET TICKETS
Catch every home game this season with a free online radio stream at IndyFuelHockey.com! Click the “Watch/Listen Live” button to hear Andrew Smith bring you all of the action from Indiana Farmers Coliseum. Fans can also watch all 72 games at home and on the road live through FloSports!
ABOUT THE INDY FUEL:The Indy Fuel, proud ECHL affiliate of the National Hockey League’s Chicago Blackhawks and the American Hockey League’s Rockford IceHogs, have returned to Indiana Farmers Coliseum for their ninth season. Check out all the Fuel’s promotions, theme nights and get your tickets now HERE.