INDY FUEL WEEK 10 RESULTS: 1-0-0-0, INDY FUEL OVERALL RECORD: 18-8-1-0 Overall (1st Central)
GAME 27 - WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 28 VS KANSAS CITY - 2-0 W
The Indy Fuel hosted the Kansas City Mavericks on Wednesday night after a postponement last week gave them a ten-day break. Mitchell Weeks earned the shutout, his and the Fuel’s first of the season, in the 2-0 victory.
- Forward Chad Yetman was reassigned to Indy on 12/23
- Forward Matthew Barron was waived on 12/27
- Chad Yetman is on a nine game point streak and a four game goal streak. This is a season high for both him and the team.
- Yetman also leads the team in +/- with a team season high of +16.
- Seamus Malone has been voted to the 2023 All-Star Game roster representing Indy on the Western Conference All-Stars.
- Mitchell Weeks earned his first shutout of the season on December 28 against the Kansas City Mavericks, with 27 saves.
- With eight penalty minutes on Wednesday night, Chris Cameron is the Fuel’s new PIM leader this season with 52 minutes.
- The Fuel rank second in the league in road power play success with 25.4%.
- Indy ranks fifth in the league in goals for with an average of 3.74 goals scored per game.
- On Wednesday night against Kansas City, the Fuel posted 21 shots in the first period which is the most the Fuel have had in one period so far this season.
- Indy is currently tied for first place in the Central division with Cincinnati. Both teams have 37 points despite Indy playing two more games. The Fuel also lead the division in goals for with 101.
- Indy still leads the league in shorthanded goals with eight by eight different players this season.
- The Fuel allow the least amount of goals in the first period. So far this season they have only allowed 22 goals in the first period compared to 23 and 33 in the second and third respectively.
INDY FUEL WEEK 11 SCHEDULE
- GAME 28 - FRIDAY, DECEMBER 30 VS CINCINNATI
- GAME 29 - SATURDAY, DECEMBER 31 AT FORT WAYNE
ABOUT THE INDY FUEL:
The Indy Fuel, proud ECHL affiliate of the National Hockey League’s Chicago Blackhawks and the American Hockey League’s Rockford IceHogs, have returned to Indiana Farmers Coliseum for their ninth season. Check out all the Fuel’s promotions, theme nights and get your tickets now HERE.