INDY FUEL WEEK 11 RESULTS: 2-1-0-0, INDY FUEL OVERALL RECORD: 22-9-1-0 Overall (1st Central)
GAME 30 - WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 4 AT IOWA - 3-2 OTW
The Fuel headed to Iowa for the first time this season after beating them both times the Heartlanders visited Indy. Despite giving up the first goal quickly in the first period, the Fuel won the first of four games in a row against Iowa, 3-2 less than two minutes into overtime after the Heartlanders tied it up late in regulation.
GAME 31 - FRIDAY, JANUARY 6 AT IOWA - 5-2 W
The Iowa Heartlanders hosted the Indy Fuel for the second game in a row, this time with goaltender Cam Gray making his Fuel debut as a starter and ultimately getting his first ECHL win as the team took the game 5-2 over Iowa and Spencer Watson scored a record breaking goal for Indy.
GAME 32 - SATURDAY, JANUARY 7 AT IOWA - 3-1 L
It was a fairly mild-mannered series finale between the Indy Fuel and Iowa Heartlanders Saturday night. Only two penalties were given the entire game, both to Indy. Iowa ended up skating away with a 3-1 victory.
- Alex Wideman is currently on a seven-game point streak and leading the team in points with 37.
- With two goals and three assists in the last five games, Andrew Perrott now holds the longest point streak this season for a defenseman.
- On Friday night against Iowa, Spencer Watson scored his 81st goal as a member of the Fuel making him the new franchise record holder for goals scored.
- Saturday night was also Watson’s 200th game with the Fuel.
- Cam Hillis will look to extend his home point streak to seven games on Wednesday. He currently holds the longest home point streak in the league.
- Goaltender Cam Gray earned his first ECHL win with his first Fuel start on Friday night against Iowa.
- The Fuel still sit in first place in the Central division with 45 points.
- Indy’s power play is currently ranked eighth overall with a 23.3% success rate.
- The Fuel’s road power play record is significantly better than their home power play record. Their road power play is ranked third in the league, having scored 20 goals on 77 road power play opportunities.
- The Fuel still lead the league in shorthanded goals with nine despite their penalty kill being ranked 19th in the league.
- Indy has scored the third most goals in the league with 123 through 32 games. They trail only Idaho and Newfoundland who have both also played 32 games.
- The Fuel have scored most of their goals in the second period, with a total of 43 goals scored in the second.
INDY FUEL WEEK 12 SCHEDULE
- GAME 33 - WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 11 VS IOWA
- GAME 34 - FRIDAY, JANUARY 13 AT CINCINNATI
- GAME 35 - SATURDAY, JANUARY 14 VS KALAMAZOO
- GAME 36 - SUNDAY, JANUARY 15 AT FORT WAYNE
UPCOMING FAN EXPERIENCES AND EVENTS
Get ready for lots of fun at Indiana Farmers Coliseum in 2023! Check out some of our upcoming promotions and special fan experiences!
- Wednesday, January 11 - Wednesday Night Hockey
- Saturday, January 14 - Join us for pregame Star Wars Trivia ahead of Star Wars Night
- Saturday, January 28 - Order the Blackhawks Ticket Package and get a guaranteed meet and greet with Chris Chelios
ABOUT THE INDY FUEL:
The Indy Fuel, proud ECHL affiliate of the National Hockey League’s Chicago Blackhawks and the American Hockey League’s Rockford IceHogs, have returned to Indiana Farmers Coliseum for their ninth season. Check out all the Fuel’s promotions, theme nights and get your tickets now HERE.