INDY FUEL WEEK 11 RESULTS: 1-2-0-0, INDY FUEL OVERALL RECORD: 29-14-2-0 Overall (1st Central)
GAME 43 - FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 3 AT CINCINNATI 3-0 L
The Fuel headed to Cincinnati to take on the second place team in the Central division and try to win their first game in Cincinnati this season. They could not do so and ultimately were shut out by Cincy 3-0 with all three goals in the game coming from Matej Pekar.
GAME 44 - SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 4 VS KANSAS CITY - 6-3 W
The Fuel hosted the Kansas City Mavericks on Saturday night in hopes of breaking out of their small slump and they did just that, defeating the Mavericks 6-3 on Hockey Fights Cancer night.
GAME 45 - SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 5 VS KANSAS CITY - 6-3 L
Indy hosted the Kansas City Mavericks for the second day in a row on Sunday afternoon. They won by a final score of 6-3 on Saturday night and fell 6-3 Sunday.
- Forward Chris Van Os-Shaw traded to Wichita on 1/31
- Forward Jared Thomas signed to Indy on 2/1
- Defenseman Patrick Gazich released on 2/2
- Defenseman Keoni Texeira activated from reserve on 2/3
- Defenseman Kirill Chaika placed on reserve on 2/3
- Forward Austin Albrecht signed on 2/5
- Forward Bryan Lemos placed on reserve on 2/5
- Goaltender Zach Driscoll placed on injured reserve on 2/5
- Forward Alex Wideman tallied his 150th Fuel point on Saturday night with an assist against the Mavericks.
- Wideman also leads the team in points with 48 and is ranked seventh in the league in points.
- Forward Cam Hillis matched a franchise high of points and assists in one game with five points including four assists against Kansas City on Saturday night.
- Forward Luc Brown played in his 100th ECHL game on Sunday afternoon against Kansas City.
- Forward Jared Thomas scored the game-winning goal on Saturday night on Hockey Fights Cancer night after scoring the OT game winner in the same game last season.
- Andrew Bellant scored his second shorthanded goal of the season this weekend.
- The Fuel are currently in fifth place in the league with 60 points through 45 games.
- Indy has taken the most penalty shots with three on the season.
- The Fuel’s power play is ranked fourth in the league with a 23.8% success rate.
- The Fuel’s home penalty killing record is still ranked first in the league with a 86.2% success rate.
- Indy leads the league in shorthanded goals with twelve on the season, on pace to beat their single season record of 16.
- The Fuel are ranked third in the league in goals for with an average of 3.78 goals per game. The only teams they trail are Idaho and Newfoundland.
INDY FUEL WEEK 17 SCHEDULE
- GAME 46 - WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 8 AT IOWA
- GAME 47 - FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 10 VS IOWA
- GAME 48 - SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 11 AT KALAMAZOO
UPCOMING FAN EXPERIENCES AND EVENTS
Get ready for lots of fun at Indiana Farmers Coliseum in 2023! Check out some of our upcoming promotions and special fan experiences!
- Friday, February 10 - Get in on Indy 500 Night as we celebrate "The Greatest Spectacle in Racing" in the Racing Capital of the World!
- Friday, February 24 - Hockey Is For Everyone! The Fuel are teaming up with organizations throughout Indianapolis and sports that promote inclusivity, equity and inspire change.
- Saturday, February 25 - Roll the dice because it’s your lucky day! Join the Fuel for Game Night, an evening filled with hockey and all your favorite childhood games! The team will be wearing special Game Night jerseys that will be auctioned off LIVE after the game! It’s also Do317 Night, so fans can enjoy $3 beverages, $1 hot dogs and $7 special t-shirts (while supplies last).
ABOUT THE INDY FUEL:
The Indy Fuel, proud ECHL affiliate of the National Hockey League’s Chicago Blackhawks and the American Hockey League’s Rockford IceHogs, have returned to Indiana Farmers Coliseum for their ninth season. Check out all the Fuel’s promotions, theme nights and get your tickets now HERE.