INDY FUEL WEEK 22 RESULTS: 1-0-1-0INDY FUEL OVERALL RECORD: 37-21-3-0 Overall (3rd Central)
GAME 60 - FRIDAY, MARCH 17 VS TOLEDO - 3-2 OTL
The Fuel hosted the first place Toledo Walleye for the second weekend in a row. While the Fuel forced overtime late in the game, they ultimately fell to the Walleye 3-2.
GAME 61 - SATURDAY, MARCH 18 VS FORT WAYNE - 5-2 W
The Fuel hosted the Fort Wayne Komets on Saturday night to finish their weekend. With a chance to clinch the Playoffs with a regulation win and a regulation loss for Wheeling, just an hour after the Norfolk Admirals secured the win over Wheeling, the Indy Fuel secured the 5-2 win to send the Fuel to the Kelly Cup Playoffs.
- Forward Colin Bilek recalled by Rockford on 3/20
- Defenseman Koletrane Wilson recalled by Rockford on 3/20
- Defenseman Chris Cameron loaned to Milwaukee on 3/20
- Defenseman Trevor Zins released on 3/17
- Defenseman Max Coyle signed ATO on 3/17
- Forward Finn Evans signed ATO on 3/15
- Forward Jared Thomas suspended by team on 3/15
- Goaltender Jeremie Forget released on 3/14
- Goaltender Mitchell Weeks recalled by Rockford on 3/14
- Forward Carson Rose released on 3/13
- With three points in Saturday’s game, Alex Wideman matched his single season best of 62 points in a season which he previously recorded during the 2018-19 season with the Cincinnati Cyclones.
- Wideman leads the team in points with 62 in 58 games.
- With Chris Cameron’s AHL call up, Chase Lang now leads the team in penalty minutes with 95.
- Fuel newcomer Max Coyle joins his former collegiate defense partner in Zach Vinnell on the blue line.
- Goaltender Zach Driscoll recorded his 21st win of the season on Sunday over Fort Wayne.
- The Fuel officially clinched a playoff berth on Saturday night with a regulation win over the Fort Wayne Komets.
- This marks the third time in Fuel history that they have qualified for the playoffs and will likely match their best finish in franchise history which was third place in the Central division in 2021.
- Friday night marked Indy’s third overtime loss of the season. They have four overtime wins and are just one of three teams that have not gone to a shootout so far this season.
- The Fuel have won 20 of the 29 games they’ve played when scoring first.
- Indy’s home penalty kill ranks first in the league with an 86.8% success rate.
- The Fuel are 28-3 when leading after the second period.
INDY FUEL WEEK 23 SCHEDULE
- GAME 62 - FRIDAY, MARCH 24 VS GREENVILLE
- GAME 63 - SATURDAY, MARCH 25 VS KALAMAZOO
- GAME 64 - SUNDAY, MARCH 26 VS KALAMAZOO
UPCOMING FAN EXPERIENCES AND EVENTS
Get ready for lots of fun at Indiana Farmers Coliseum in 2023! Check out some of our upcoming promotions and special fan experiences!
- Friday, March 24 - Spring has sprung! Get ready for a fun stay-cation at Indiana Farmers Coliseum with Spring Break Night. Come dressed in your best beach wear and enjoy drink specials as we bring spring break to you while the Fuel take on the Greenville Swamp Rabbits. It’s also Do317 Night, so fans can enjoy $3 beverages, $1 hot dogs and $7 special t-shirts (while supplies last).
- Friday, March 25 - The State Fair never ends at the Fairgrounds! Come out to State Fair Night and enjoy all your favorite fair foods and games while the Fuel wear special State Fair jerseys that fans can bid on LIVE after the game!
- Friday, March 26 - Come out for a fun afternoon with the family! Kids eat free and after the game, enjoy a post-game skate with the team! It’s also Tooth Fairy Appreciation Day, where the Fuel will pay homage to the tooth fairy and all the hockey smiles that keep her in business!
ABOUT THE INDY FUEL:
The Indy Fuel, proud ECHL affiliate of the National Hockey League’s Chicago Blackhawks and the American Hockey League’s Rockford IceHogs, have returned to Indiana Farmers Coliseum for their ninth season. Check out all the Fuel’s promotions, theme nights and get your tickets now HERE.