INDY FUEL WEEK 25 RESULTS: 3-0-0-0INDY FUEL OVERALL RECORD: 43-24-5-0 Overall (3rd Central)
GAME 70 - FRIDAY, APRIL 14 VS FORT WAYNE - 2-1 W
The Fuel hosted the Fort Wayne Komets in the final regular season home game this year. Despite the playoffs already being set, this cross-state rivalry was in full swing in their first match of the weekend. The Fuel ultimately won 2-1 with a shorthanded goal by Seamus Malone.
GAME 71 - SATURDAY, APRIL 15 AT FORT WAYNE - 5-4 W
The Fuel came away with a 5-4 victory in the teams’ final meeting of the 2022-23 regular season. Usually a physical matchup, this game was no different. The game totaled 105 penalty minutes with Indy tallying 34 compared to Fort Wayne’s 71. This provided 12 power play opportunities for the Fuel, the most in a game in franchise history.
GAME 72 - SUNDAY, APRIL 16 AT KALAMAZOO - 3-2 SOW
The Fuel finished their regular season in Kalamazoo hoping to keep some momentum before heading into the first round of the playoffs against Toledo next weekend. They did just that, making a two goal comeback and going to their first shootout of the season.
- Alex Wideman finished the regular season with 72 points, the most this season and the most in franchise history for a single season.
- Chad Yetman finished as the Fuel’s leading goal scorer with 26, joining just two other players in Fuel history to have over 25 goals in one season. Spencer Watson and Joshua Shalla have both achieved that feat twice.
- Yetman and Seamus Malone both broke the Fuel franchise record for most game winning goals with nine.
- Malone also finished the regular season on a four game goal streak after returning from injury.
- Goaltender Zach Driscoll finished the season with the fifth most minutes played in the ECHL with 2,434 in 42 games played.
- Spencer Watson also broke the Fuel franchise record for most goals and points with 91 and 176 respectively. Wideman took a close second place totaling 175 points, also breaking Shalla’s previous record.
- At the end of the regular season, the Fuel set and broke multiple franchise records.
- They finished the 2022-23 season with the best home record and most road wins in franchise history. Overall, the Fuel finished 43-24-5-0.
- Additionally, 43 is the most overall wins for the Fuel in franchise history beating their previous best of 36.
- This is the Fuel’s third trip to the Kelly Cup Playoffs in franchise history and their second time matching up with Toledo in the first round.
- Until their final game of the season, Indy was the only team remaining to have not gone to a shootout all season. That changed in game 72 when they beat Kalamazoo in a four round shootout on Sunday.
INDY FUEL PLAYOFFS WEEK 1 SCHEDULE
- PLAYOFF GAME 1 - FRIDAY, APRIL 21 AT TOLEDO
- PLAYOFF GAME 2 - SATURDAY, APRIL 22 AT TOLEDO
UPCOMING FAN EXPERIENCES AND EVENTS
Get ready for lots of fun at Indiana Farmers Coliseum in 2023! Check out some of our upcoming promotions and special fan experiences!
- Tuesday, April 25 - We're in! The Fuel will host the Toledo Walleye for the third game in the division semi-final playoff series. It's also a Do317 Night, so fans can enjoy $3 beverages, $1 hot dogs and $7 specialty t-shirts (while supplies last).
- Thursday, April 27 - It's Thirsty Thursday! The fourth game in the division semi-final playoff series will feature $3 Bud Light, $3 specialty cocktails and $3 wine by the glass. At the Moon Drops Distillery bar, you can also get our specialty playoffs 'Gone Fishin'' cocktail!
ABOUT THE INDY FUEL:
The Indy Fuel, proud ECHL affiliate of the National Hockey League’s Chicago Blackhawks and the American Hockey League’s Rockford IceHogs, have returned to Indiana Farmers Coliseum for their ninth season. Check out all the Fuel’s promotions, theme nights and get your tickets now HERE.