- INDY FUEL WEEK ELEVEN RESULTS 2-1-1
- INDY FUEL OVERALL RECORD 12-12-4 (6th in Central Division)
GAME 25 - WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 27 VS. WHEELING - 1-0 W
The Fuel hosted the Wheeling Nailers on Wednesday night in front of a sold out crowd of 6,336 fans for Teacher Appreciation Night. Ultimately, the Fuel won 1-0 in a close match with the lone goal coming in the first period.
GAME 26 - FRIDAY, DECEMBER 29 VS. JACKSONVILLE - 3-2 OTL
The Fuel hosted the Jacksonville Icemen for the first and only time this season on Friday in front of 6,453 fans, their third sold out crowd in a row. Despite coming back and forcing overtime in the third period, the Fuel fell to the Icemen 3-2.
GAME 27 - SATURDAY, DECEMBER 30 VS. FORT WAYNE - 5-2 W
The Fuel hosted the Fort Wayne Komets in their last home game before the new year and put on a show for a sellout crowd of 6,436 fans. In their fourth sellout in a row, Indy claimed a 5-2 win over their in-state rivals as both goaltenders put on a show with a rare goalie fight in the second period.
GAME 28 - SUNDAY, DECEMBER 31 AT KALAMAZOO - 7-0 L
The Fuel ended the year 2023 with a tough loss on the road against the Kalamazoo Wings. The momentum was all Kalamazoo all night as they came out on top 7-0 in a blowout.
- Kyle Maksimovich recalled to Rockford on 01/01
- Kale Howarth recalled to Rockford on 12/31
- Mitchell Weeks recalled to Rockford on 12/30
- Anthony Firriolo traded to Iowa on 12/28
- Ross MacDougall loaned to Fuel from Rockford on 12/27
- Westfield, IN native Sam Ruffin had his first professional goal and was the game-winning goal in Wednesday’s shutout against Wheeling.
- Forward Anthony Petruzzelli played his 350th ECHL game on December 31st. Captain Seamus Malone celebrated his 150th Fuel game on the same day.
- On December 30th, Goalie Zach Driscoll dropped gloves and squared up with Fort Wayne’s Brett Brochu. This rivalry goalie fight was the first of the season. In Fuel history, it is the second ever goal fight.
- Goalie Mitchell Weeks claimed his second shutout in a row on Wednesday, December 29th. Weeks had over 120 shutout minutes. He also deflected his second penalty shot on Friday’s game.
- Colin Bilek matched a franchise high of most assists in one game with four in Saturday's game against Fort Wayne.
- The Fuel had their first out-of-division game on Friday against Jacksonville. They head to Virginia to play three games against the Norfolk Admirals this week.
- The Fuel are tied for last in the league in goals for with a goals per game average of 2.71.
- The Fuel's penalty kill at home is ranked third in the league with a penalty kill percentage of 86.7%.
INDY FUEL WEEK 11 SCHEDULE
- GAME 29 - FRIDAY, JANUARY 5 AT NORFOLK
- GAME 30 - SATURDAY, JANUARY 6 AT NORFOLK
- GAME 31 - SUNDAY, JANUARY 5 AT NORFOLK
UPCOMING FAN EXPERIENCES AND EVENTS
Get ready for lots of fun at Indiana Farmers Coliseum in 2023! Check out some of our upcoming promotions and special fan experiences!
- Wednesday, January 10 - Need a good mid-week pick-me-up? Come out and watch the Fuel take on the Toledo Walleye on Wednesday, January 10! Don’t forget about post-game autographs in the lobby with some of your favorite Fuel players!
ABOUT THE INDY FUEL
The Indy Fuel, proud ECHL affiliate of the National Hockey League’s Chicago Blackhawks and the American Hockey League’s Rockford IceHogs, have returned to Indiana Farmers Coliseum for their ninth season. Check out all the Fuel’s promotions, theme nights and get your tickets now HERE.