INDY FUEL WEEK 14 RESULTS: 2-0-0-0, 19-16-1-0 Overall, 4th Central Division
Thursday, January 16 - Fuel 2 vs Florida 4
Hosting the Florida Everblades for the second time in franchise history, the Indy Fuel began three games in three days on Thursday night. Indy opened the scoring in the first period but Florida would respond with three goals of their own, taking home a 4-2 win in the only matchup between the two teams this season.
Friday, January 17 - Fuel 3 vs Rapid City 5
In their second game in two days, the Fuel hosted the Rapid City Rush at Indiana Farmers Coliseum on Friday night. Indy finished the first period down by a goal before Jake Schultz scored back to back goals, tying the game 3-3 heading into the third. Rapid City would score a late goal in the third and pot an empty netter taking home a 5-3 win on Friday.
Saturday, January 18 - Fuel 4 vs Wheeling 1
Closing out their weekend of three games in three days, the Indy Fuel hosted the Wheeling Nailers at the Indiana Farmers Coliseum. Scoring late in the opening period, the Fuel continued their scoring ways, putting home two goals in the second period and an empty netter in the third, sending the Nailers home with a 4-1 loss.
INDY FUEL WEEK 15 SCHEDULE:
Friday, January 24 - Fuel vs Fort Wayne (7:35 p.m. ET, Indiana Farmers Coliseum)
Coming off of the 2020 ECHL All-Star break, the Fuel return home to face the Fort Wayne Komets on Friday night. Indy has only met the Komets three times this season, putting up a 1-2-0-0 record. The last time the two teams met at Indiana Farmers Coliseum, the Fuel gave up five goals to the Komets.
Saturday, January 18 - Fuel vs Atlanta (6:05 p.m. ET, Indiana Farmers Coliseum)
Indy will host the Atlanta Gladiators on Saturday night during the team's annual Wizard Night. The Fuel have met the Gladiators once this season in Atlanta, Indy falling 4-3. Saturday will see three former Fuel players come into town in Nick Bligh, Logan Nelson and Anthony Collins.
- Bobby MacIntyre has points in all three games this weekend, earning one goal and three assists
- MacIntyre holds the team's longest active point streak at three games (1g, 3a)
- MacIntyre is also the only player to appear in all 39 games for the Fuel this season
- Scoring on Saturday night, Christian Horn earned his first goal in a Fuel uniform
- Connor McDonald scored his first professional goal on Friday night
- Saturday saw Indy's 7th largest crowd ever, hosting 6,412 fans for Blackhawks Night
- Putting up a 4-1 score on Saturday the Fuel beat the Wheeling Nailers for the first time this season
- Saturday's game was the first time this season that a game between Indy and Wheeling was decided by more than one goal
- Scoring first on Thursday and Saturday, the Fuel are 18-6-1-0 when scoring the first goal of the game
- Indy has outscored opponents 44-32 in the first period but has struggled in the third, being outscored 43-36
- The Fuel have put together a record of 13-5-1-0 when leading after the first period but are 2-12-0-0 when trailing after the first
Single-Game tickets are now available for the entire 2019-20 Fuel season at Indiana Farmers Coliseum! Fans can also take advantage of a wide variety of Ticket Plans by calling 317-925-FUEL or visiting IndyFuelHockey.com.
Catch every home game this season with a free online stream at IndyFuelHockey.com! Click the “Watch/Listen Live” button to hear Andrew Smith and Nick Olczyk bring you all of the action from Indiana Farmers Coliseum. Fans can also watch all 72 games at home and on the road live through ECHL.TV!
FOLLOW THE FUEL:
Don't forget to follow the Fuel on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat (IndyFuel) for news, updates, contests and much more throughout the 2019-20 season! Join the Fuel by using the hashtag #NoBrakes on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
-- INDYFUELHOCKEY.COM -