INDY FUEL WEEK 11 RESULTS: 3-1-0-0, 18-4-1-0 Overall
Wednesday, February 17 - Fuel 4 vs Fort Wayne 1:
In the first game of four games in five days, the Indy Fuel hosted the Fort Wayne Komets on Wednesday night. Indy would take a 2-1 lead into the locker room after the first period only to score two more goals in the second to eventually earn a 4-1 win over the Komets.
Friday, February 19 - Fuel 3 vs Greenville 4:
In the first of three straight games, the Fuel hosted the Greenville Swamp Rabbits at Indiana Farmers Coliseum on Friday night. Greenville took the early lead at the end of the first period only for both teams to trade goals throughout the night. Indy would fight until the dying seconds but would eventually fall 4-3 on Friday night.
Saturday, February 20 - Fuel 4 vs Greenville 0:
In the second game in a row against the Greenville Swamp Rabbits, the Fuel looked to respond to a loss on Friday night. The Fuel would score three goals in the third period and see a shutout from Dan Bakala en route to a 4-0 win on Saturday night.
Sunday, February 21 - Fuel 4 vs Greenville 0:
In their fourth game in five days, the Indy Fuel hosted the Greenville Swamp Rabbits for the third game of the weekend at Indiana Farmers Coliseum. Indy would score four straight goals in the second and third periods as well as see a shutout from Billy Christopoulos earning 4-0 win on Sunday afternoon.
INDY FUEL WEEK 12 SCHEDULE:
Wednesday, February 24 - Fuel at Wheeling (7:10 p.m. ET, WesBanco Arena)
Friday, February 26 - Fuel vs Fort Wayne (7:00 p.m. ET, Indiana Farmers Coliseum)
Saturday, February 27 - Fuel vs Fort Wayne (7:00 p.m. ET, Indiana Farmers Coliseum)
Sunday, February 28 - Fuel vs Fort Wayne (3:00 p.m. ET, Indiana Farmers Coliseum)
Dan Bakala and Billy Christopoulos earned each of their first shutouts of the season on Saturday and Sunday. Sunday’s win was the first time in Indy Fuel franchise history that two goaltenders earned back to back shutouts. Employing one of the best goaltending duos in the ECHL, Indy’s Billy Christopoulos is currently 2nd in the league in goals-against average while his partner Dan Bakala leads the league in wins.
POWER PLAY EXPERTS
Entering Week 12 of the ECHL season, the Fuel have scored 10 power play goals in their last six games. Through three games against the Greenville Swamp Rabbits this weekend, the Fuel power play went 5-for-16, keeping them in 2nd in the ECHL in power play percentage. With three more home games this upcoming weekend, the Fuel are 4th in the ECHL in home power play percentage (21.3).
- Scoring three goals last week, Nic Pierog is tied for the league lead in goals (14)
- Pierog also leads the league in power play goals with 7
- Earning his first shutout of the season, Billy Christopoulos is second in the league in goals against average (2.01)
- With his first shutout of the season on Saturday, Dan Bakala leads the ECHL in wins (10)
- Defenseman Mike Lee leads all rookies in power play points (4g, 3a)
- With a goal and three assists on Saturday and Sunday, Mike Lee is on a two-game point streak
- Anthony Wyse picked up his first professional point on Sunday
- Acquired in a trade on Saturday, Diego Cuglietta scored two goals in his first game in a Fuel uniform
- Michael McNicholas has two goals and two assists in his last two games
- With three wins in four games, Indy continues to lead the league in winning percentage
- Indy has not lost back to back games since February 5
- The Fuel earned their first two shutouts of the season on Saturday and Sunday
- Sunday was the first time in franchise history that the Fuel have earned back to back shutouts
- Indy’s shutout streak is currently at 128 minutes and 30 seconds
- The Fuel scored 10 power play goals in their last six games
Various ticket options are now on sale for the Fuel’s 7th season at Indiana Farmers Coliseum! Lock up your seat for every second of the action at Indiana Farmers Coliseum with a Fuel Ticket Plan – grab yours by heading to IndyFuelHockey.com or by calling the Fuel front office at 317-925-FUEL.
Catch every home game this season with a free online radio stream at IndyFuelHockey.com! Click the “Watch/Listen Live” button to hear Andrew Smith and Nick Olczyk bring you all of the action from Indiana Farmers Coliseum. Fans can also watch all 72 games at home and on the road live through FloSports!
FOLLOW THE FUEL:
Don’t forget to follow the Fuel on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and TikTok (IndyFuel) for news, updates, contests and much more throughout the 2020-21 season! Join the Fuel by using the hashtag #NoBrakes on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
-- INDYFUELHOCKEY.COM --