INDY FUEL WEEK 9 RESULTS: 2-1-0-0, 8-12-2-1 Overall
Friday, December 17 - Fuel 7 vs Cincinnati 2:
Playing their first of three games in three days, the Indy Fuel hosted the Cincinnati Cyclones on Friday night. Cincinnati jumped out to an early lead but Indy would score seven goals, including a hat-trick from Darien Craighead, en route to a win at Indiana Farmers Coliseum.
Saturday, December 18 - Fuel 9 vs Kalamazoo 4:
Hosting their annual Teddy Bear Toss game, the Fuel faced the Kalamazoo Wings on Saturday night. After giving up the first two goals of the game, the Fuel scored their teddy bear toss goal, sending 5,445 bears onto the ice. The Fuel would net eight more goals breaking a franchise record and earning them their second home win in as many days.
Sunday, December 19 - Fuel 6 at Kalamazoo 8:
Playing their third game in three days, the Indy Fuel visited the Kalamazoo Wings on Sunday afternoon. Indy would score six goals throughout the 60 minutes but the Wings five goals in 4:07 in the third period would give them the win on Sunday.
INDY FUEL WEEK 10 SCHEDULE:
Sunday, December 26 - Fuel at Fort Wayne (5:00 p.m. ET, Allen County War Memorial Coliseum)
Scoring nine goals on Saturday night, the Indy Fuel broke a franchise record for goals in a game. Prior to Saturday night, the most goals Indy had scored was in an 8-2 win over the Orlando Solar Bears on April 25, 2021. Tallying seven goals on Friday, nine on Saturday and six on Sunday, the Fuel put themselves in 6th in the ECHL in goals per game.
The Fuel begins their holiday break on Monday with a record of 8-12-2-1. Sitting in 6th in the Central Division, the Fuel are currently 9 points out of the final playoff spot with 49 games remaining in the season. Having won two out of their last three games, Indy will head to Fort Wayne on Sunday to face a Komets opponent that they have earned a 2-1-0-0 record against.
- After being acquired by the Fuel last week, Darien Craighead has 5 goals and 3 assists in his last three games
- Jan Mandat picked up his first goal in a Fuel uniform on Sunday
- Riley McKay has goals in back to back games
- Spencer Watson has five goals in his last four games
- Picking up an assist on Sunday, Jared Thomas extended his point streak to 12 games (4g, 12a)
- Brent Gates is on a five-game point streak earning 3 goals and 9 assists
- Gates is tied with Mike Lee for second in the ECHL in assists
- Gates became the first Fuel player to have back to back 4-point games
- Keoni Texeira has 1 goal and 3 assists in his last two games
- Texeira tied a team record going +5 on Saturday night
- Scoring 9 goals on Saturday, the Fuel set a franchise record for goals in a game
- The Fuel collected 5,445 stuffed animals in their annual teddy bear toss game
- The Fuel have scored 22 goals in their last three games
- Indy is 4th in the ECHL in average penalty minutes (17.74)
- With two wins at home this weekend, the Fuel are 6-4-0-0 on home ice
- The Fuel are 5-4-2-1 when scoring first
- Indy heads into the holiday break in 7th in the ECHL in power-play percentage (23.2%)
- The Fuel are 26th in the ECHL on the PK (72.4%)
- Indy is 7-1-0-0 when leading after 2 periods
- The Fuel are averaging 3.43 for per game putting them in 6th in the league
- The team is 25th in the ECHL in goals against (3.70)
Various ticket options are now on sale for the Fuel’s 8th season at Indiana Farmers Coliseum! Lock up your seat for every second of the action at Indiana Farmers Coliseum with a Fuel Ticket Plan – grab yours by heading to IndyFuelHockey.com or by calling the Fuel front office at 317-925-FUEL.
Catch every home game this season with a free online radio stream at IndyFuelHockey.com! Click the “Watch/Listen Live” button to hear Andrew Smith and Nick Olczyk bring you all of the action from Indiana Farmers Coliseum. Fans can also watch all 72 games at home and on the road live through FloSports!
FOLLOW THE FUEL:
Don’t forget to follow the Fuel on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and TikTok (IndyFuel) for news, updates, contests and much more throughout the 2021-22 season! Join the Fuel by using the hashtag #FuelTheFire on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
-- INDYFUELHOCKEY.COM --