INDY FUEL WEEK 12 RESULTS: 2-0-0-0, 12-14-2-2 Overall
Friday, January 7 - Fuel 5 vs Wheeling 1:
In the first half of a home and home series, the Indy Fuel hosted the Wheeling Nailers on Friday night. Indy would jump out to a 1-0 lead in the first period thanks to Jan Mandat and would see four more goals from Thomas, Eick, Jeszka and Mandat en route to a 5-1 win over the Nailers.
Saturday, January 8 - Fuel 5 at Wheeling 2:
In the second half of home and home games against the Wheeling Nailers, the Fuel completed the series sweep when five different players scored to earn a 5-2 win Saturday night.
INDY FUEL WEEK 13 SCHEDULE:
Friday, January 14 - Fuel at Fort Wayne (8:00 p.m. ET, Allen County War Memorial Coliseum)
Saturday, January 15 - Fuel vs Iowa (7:00 p.m. ET, Indiana Farmers Coliseum)
Sunday, January 16 - Fuel vs Iowa (3:00 p.m. ET, Indiana Farmers Coliseum)
Tallying two goals and an assist over the weekend, Jan Mandat has registered five points in his last three games. Since joining the Fuel in early December, Mandat has earned five goals and nine assists. Playing alongside Darien Craighead and Seamus Malone over the weekend, the trio combined for four goals and three assists in two games.
Winning three straight games for the first time this season, the Fuel have outscored their opponents 14-4. Through their last six games, the team has registered 22 goals and given up 14. Leading the scoring charge, Seamus Malone and Spencer Watson have earned nine goals in their last six games.
- Kirill Chaika has an assist in each of his last two games
- Darien Craighead is on a three-game point streak (1g, 2a)
- Jan Mandat has two goals and three assists in his last three games
- Seamus Malone has three goals and an assist in his last three games
- Jared Thomas has a three-game point streak (1g, 3a)
- Andrew Bellant earned his first ECHL point on Friday
- Spencer Watson has goals in four out of his last six games
- CJ Eick has a three-game scoring streak
- Mitch Gillam has three straight wins in his last three starts
- Gillam has stopped 71 of 75 shots in his last three games
- Michael Lackey earned his first AHL win on Saturday night for the Chicago Wolves
- Winning both games this past weekend, the Fuel won three straight games for the first time this season
- The Fuel are 9-4-0-1 at Indiana Farmers Coliseum
- Indy is 4th in the ECHL in average penalty minutes (17.17)
- The Fuel are 8-5-2-1 when scoring first this season
- The Fuel have the 10th best power play in the ECHL (22.1%)
- The Fuel are 23rd in the ECHL on the PK (75%)
- Indy has outscored their opponents 42-36 in the second period
- Indy is 10-1-0-1 when leading after 2 periods
- The Fuel are averaging 3.50 goals for per game putting them in 7th in the league
- The team is 22nd in the ECHL in goals against (3.50)
Various ticket options are now on sale for the Fuel’s 8th season at Indiana Farmers Coliseum! Lock up your seat for every second of the action at Indiana Farmers Coliseum with a Fuel Ticket Plan – grab yours by heading to IndyFuelHockey.com or by calling the Fuel front office at 317-925-FUEL.
Catch every home game this season with a free online radio stream at IndyFuelHockey.com! Click the “Watch/Listen Live” button to hear Andrew Smith and Nick Olczyk bring you all of the action from Indiana Farmers Coliseum. Fans can also watch all 72 games at home and on the road live through FloSports!
FOLLOW THE FUEL:
Don’t forget to follow the Fuel on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and TikTok (IndyFuel) for news, updates, contests and much more throughout the 2021-22 season! Join the Fuel by using the hashtag #FuelTheFire on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
-- INDYFUELHOCKEY.COM --