INDY FUEL WEEK 11 RESULTS: 2-1-0-0, INDY FUEL OVERALL RECORD: 31-15-2-0 Overall (1st Central)
GAME 46 - WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 8 AT IOWA 4-1 W
The Indy Fuel made the trek to Iowa Wednesday night for their seventh game this season against the Heartlanders. Despite being scoreless and down by one headed into the third, the Fuel scored four goals in a row to mount the comeback and claim a 4-1 victory.
GAME 47 - FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 10 VS IOWA - 4-2 L
The Fuel hosted the Iowa Heartlanders on Friday night for Indy 500 Night. Last year’s Indy 500 winner, Marcus Ericsson dropped the ceremonial puck to start the game and unveiled this year’s Indy 500 ticket during the second intermission. Despite the festivities, Indy ultimately lost to Iowa 4-2.
GAME 48 - SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 11 AT KALAMAZOO - 5-0 W
The Fuel traveled to Kalamazoo Saturday night for their eighth of 15 games versus the Wings in the 2022-23 season. Outshooting the Wings 37-23, the Fuel earned a 5-0 victory and a shutout for goaltender Mitchell Weeks, his second of the season.
- Defenseman Cliff Watson recalled by Rockford on 2/6
- Forward Spencer Watson activated from reserve on 2/8
- Forward Bryan Lemos activated from reserve on 2/8
- Forward Nate Pionk placed on reserve on 2/8
- Defenseman Kirill Chaika activated from reserve on 2/10
- Defenseman Shane Kuzmeski placed on reserve on 2/10
- Forward Alex Wideman is projected to finish the season with 77 points which would be the highest scoring season of his career.
- Currently, Wideman is just four points away from tying his single season best for the Fuel from the 2016-17 season. He is 11 points away from his ECHL best of 62 points with the Cincinnati Cyclones in 2018-19.
- Wideman also tallied his 100th Fuel assist with a helper in Saturday’s win over Kalamazoo. He holds the franchise record for Fuel assists.
- Cam Hillis had a seven-point week with three assists against Iowa on Wednesday and a goal and an assist in both weekend games.
- Chad Yetman has at least one point in ten of the Fuel’s last thirteen games since returning from an AHL call-up to Belleville.
- Mitchell Weeks tallied his second shutout of the season with his 5-0 win over Kalamazoo on Saturday. He made 23 saves on 23 shots.
- Defenseman Shane Kuzmeski leads all Fuel defensemen in points with 25 and he is also the only defenseman to have tallied a shorthanded goal this season.
- Kuzmeski also leads defensemen in power play assists with eight. The next closest defensemen in that category are Keoni Texeira and Andrew Perrott tied with 3.
- The Fuel are currently in second place in the Western Conference with 64 points and a point percentage of .667.
- Indy is tied with Toledo for most games played in the conference with 48.
- The Fuel are ranked sixteenth in the league in average penalty minutes with 13.73 per game through 48 games.
- Indy’s power play is ranked fourth in the league while their penalty kill is ranked eleventh overall.
- The Fuel still lead the league in shorthanded goals, as they have all season. With their thirteenth shorthanded goal of the season this past weekend, they are now just three away from their single season record of 16.
- For the first time this season, the Fuel’s goal scoring in the third period has surpassed their goal scoring in the second period. Through 48 games, 64 of Indy’s goals have come in the final frame.
- They do give up the most goals in the third period however, having 52 goals against in the last period.
INDY FUEL WEEK 18 SCHEDULE
- GAME 49 - FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 17 AT KALAMAZOO
- GAME 50 - SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 18 AT KALAMAZOO
UPCOMING FAN EXPERIENCES AND EVENTS
Get ready for lots of fun at Indiana Farmers Coliseum in 2023! Check out some of our upcoming promotions and special fan experiences!
- Friday, February 24 - Hockey Is For Everyone! The Fuel are teaming up with organizations throughout Indianapolis and sports that promote inclusivity, equity and inspire change.
- Saturday, February 25 - Roll the dice because it’s your lucky day! Join the Fuel for Game Night, an evening filled with hockey and all your favorite childhood games! The team will be wearing special Game Night jerseys that will be auctioned off LIVE after the game! It’s also Do317 Night, so fans can enjoy $3 beverages, $1 hot dogs and $7 special t-shirts (while supplies last).
ABOUT THE INDY FUEL:
The Indy Fuel, proud ECHL affiliate of the National Hockey League’s Chicago Blackhawks and the American Hockey League’s Rockford IceHogs, have returned to Indiana Farmers Coliseum for their ninth season. Check out all the Fuel’s promotions, theme nights and get your tickets now HERE.