INDIANAPOLIS – The Indy Fuel have announced multiple roster transactions including acquiring forward Colin Bilek. Bilek was traded by the Manitoba Moose of the American Hockey League (AHL) to the Rockford IceHogs who then assigned him to the Fuel.
- Bilek will join the Fuel from the Trois-Rivieres Lions of the ECHL, where he played 45 games this season and recorded 14 goals and 9 assists. Prior to that, he was captain of the West Point Black Knights for his final two of four seasons. He led the team in scoring both of those years. In his collegiate career he recorded 43 goals and 50 assists.
VIEW BILEK’S CAREER STATS HERE
- Koletrane Wilson has been recalled by Rockford after 18 games with the Fuel this season. Wilson signed an AHL contract prior to the season beginning with the IceHogs but will make his season debut with them now. He has six assists in those 18 games.
- Defenseman Shane Kuzmeski was released by the Fuel.
Additionally, the Fuel have signed defenseman Tanner Butler and Bryan Etter, who both have experience playing with the team this season.
- Butler, 29, played six games with the Fuel last season where he recorded one goal and one assist. He attended training camp with Indy this season and played in both preseason games for the Fuel before joining the Evansville Thunderbolts where he has played for three seasons. Through 16 games with the Thunderbolts, the 5’11” defensemen recorded nine points.
- Etter rejoins the Fuel after three games with them earlier this season. He has also played two games for the Reading Royals, four games with the Macon Mayhem of the SPHL and 24 games with the Evansville Thunderbolts this season.
ABOUT THE INDY FUEL:
The Indy Fuel, proud ECHL affiliate of the National Hockey League’s Chicago Blackhawks and the American Hockey League’s Rockford IceHogs, have returned to Indiana Farmers Coliseum for their ninth season. Check out all the Fuel’s promotions, theme nights and get your tickets now HERE.