INDY FUEL WEEK 23 RESULTS: 1-1-1-0INDY FUEL OVERALL RECORD: 38-22-4-0 Overall (3rd Central)
GAME 62 - FRIDAY, MARCH 24 VS GREENVILLE - 2-0 L
The Fuel hosted the Greenville Swamp Rabbits for the first time since their meeting in the 2021 postseason where Indy earned their first franchise postseason win. Greenville came away with the win this weekend 2-0 after a scoreless first two periods.
GAME 63 - SATURDAY, MARCH 25 VS KALAMAZOO - 4-3 OTL
The Fuel hosted the Kalamazoo Wings for the twelfth time this season, looking for their ninth win against their divisional opponents. While the Fuel earned a point by going to overtime, it was the K-Wings who struck last and won 4-3.
GAME 64 - SUNDAY, MARCH 26 VS KALAMAZOO - 2-1 W
The Fuel hosted the K-Wings for the second game of a back-to-back set. With Cam Gray getting the Sunday start, Indy hoped to claim a win on the weekend as they celebrated Family Fun Day. Despite allowing the first goal, Indy was able to come back in the third period and win 2-1.
- Forward Tyler Kobryn picked up on waivers on 3/21
- Forward Nick Cardelli picked up on waivers on 3/22
- Forward Spencer Watson placed on IR on 3/23 (effective 3/19)
- Defenseman Chris Cameron returned from loan on 3/24
- Forward Finn Evans released on 3/25
- Forward Kyle Maksimovich assigned to Indy by Rockford on 3/26
- Forward Max Golod assigned to Indy by Rockford on 3/26
- Defenseman Max Coyle released on 3/27
- Defenseman Ross MacDougall signed on 3/27
- Defenseman Trevor Zins suspended by team on 3/27
- On Sunday against Kalamazoo, Chad Yetman became the seventh player in Fuel franchise history to score 25 or more goals in a season.
- Yetman also scored the game-winning goal on Sunday becoming the franchise leader in game-winning goals with nine.
- Forward Alex Wideman also tied the franchise record for most points in one season with 64. This record was previously held alone by Ryan Rupert from the 2018-19 season.
- This is also officially Wideman’s career high in points in one season with 64. His previous record was 62 from the 2018-19 season when he played for the Cincinnati Cyclones.
- Goaltender Cam Gray played in his eighth game of the season on Sunday, earning his fifth win.
- The Fuel won their 38th game of the season making this their winningest season in Fuel franchise history.
- This week, the Fuel have added forward Kyle Maksimovich and have had forward Max Golod re-assigned to the team. Both forwards played together with Chad Yetman for the Erie Otters during their junior careers.
- Saturday night marked Indy’s fourth overtime loss of the season. They have four overtime wins and are just one of three teams that have not gone to a shootout so far this season.
- Indy remains in third place in the Central division with 80 points and a 38-22-4-0 record.
- For the first time all season, the Fuel no longer lead the league in shorthanded goals. Cincinnati has 15 total shorthanded goals on the season now while Indy has 13.
INDY FUEL WEEK 24 SCHEDULE
- GAME 65 - FRIDAY, MARCH 31 VS WHEELING
- GAME 66 - SATURDAY, APRIL 1 AT TOLEDO
- GAME 67 - SUNDAY, APRIL 2 VS KALAMAZOO
UPCOMING FAN EXPERIENCES AND EVENTS
Get ready for lots of fun at Indiana Farmers Coliseum in 2023! Check out some of our upcoming promotions and special fan experiences!
- Friday, March 31 - The Fuel will celebrate the red, white and blue on Friday, March 31 on Made in America Night as they take on the Wheeling Nailers. Throughout the night, tributes will be made to first responders and emergency personnel for all their hard work and dedication to our community. After the game, bid on one of the Fuel’s sand 2022-23 season jerseys LIVE! It's also Do317 Night.
- Saturday, April 8 - Calling all good doggos – it’s time for one of the most paw-some nights of the season! Bring your four-legged friend with you to Indiana Farmers Coliseum for Pucks & Paws Night and receive a fur-tastic giveaway item while you watch the Fuel take on the Iowa Heartlanders.
ABOUT THE INDY FUEL:
The Indy Fuel, proud ECHL affiliate of the National Hockey League’s Chicago Blackhawks and the American Hockey League’s Rockford IceHogs, have returned to Indiana Farmers Coliseum for their ninth season. Check out all the Fuel’s promotions, theme nights and get your tickets now HERE.