INDY FUEL WEEK 21 RESULTS: 1-2-0-0INDY FUEL OVERALL RECORD: 36-21-2-0 Overall (3rd Central)
GAME 57 - FRIDAY, MARCH 10 AT IOWA - 5-2 L
The Fuel headed to Iowa for the final time this season to take on the last place Heartlanders as they hosted their Marvel night. Ultimately, it was Iowa who had the superpowers and took the win 5-2 over Indy.
GAME 58 - SATURDAY, MARCH 11 VS TOLEDO - 2-1 L
The Fuel hosted the Walleye on Saturday for Wizard Night at Indiana Farmers Coliseum. In a close battle that remained tied for most of the game, the Walleye ultimately came away with the 2-1 win.
GAME 59 - SUNDAY, MARCH 12 AT FORT WAYNE - 6-2 W
Coming off of two tough losses, the Indy Fuel made the journey to Fort Wayne for their eighth of 11 matchups against the division rival during the 2022-23 season. The Fuel kept their cool and kept control to come away with the 6-2 win.
- Defenseman Zach Vinnell signed on 3/7
- Defenseman Trevor Zins signed ATO on 3/8
- Defenseman Bryan Etter was released by Indy on 3/9
- Goaltender Jeremie Forget was signed on 3/10
- Defenseman Koletrane Wilson was assigned to Indy on 3/12
- Defenseman Sam Sterne was released on 3/12
- Sunday’s matchup with Fort Wayne was forward Alex Wideman’s 300th ECHL game.
- In that same game, Fuel captain Keoni Texeira tallied his 100th point as a member of the Fuel.
- Wideman tallied three assists that game, bringing his point total for the season to 58, just four shy of his single season best.
- Colin Bilek had two goals in the 6-2 win over Fort Wayne this weekend, marking his first multi-goal game with the Fuel and third of the season.
- With one of his goals coming on the power play, Bilek also now leads the Fuel in power play goals this season with eight.
- Goaltender Cam Gray earned his fourth win in his seventh game this season on Sunday over Fort Wayne.
- The Fuel currently rank ninth in the league on the power play with 52 power play goals for.
- Indy still leads the league in shorthanded goals with 13 however Cincinnati has caught up to them with 12 of their own.
- The Fuel still shoot and score the most in the second period with 643 shots and 73 goals in the second period alone this season.
- In fact, the Fuel are 27-3-0 this season when they are ahead after the second period.
- The Fuel play their next six games at home. Their home record so far this season is 15-10-1-0.
- Indy remains in third place in the Central division with 74 points and a record of 36-21-2-0 and 13 games remaining in the regular season.
INDY FUEL WEEK 21 SCHEDULE
- GAME 60 - FRIDAY, MARCH 17 VS TOLEDO
- GAME 61 - SATURDAY, MARCH 18 VS FORT WAYNE
UPCOMING FAN EXPERIENCES AND EVENTS
Get ready for lots of fun at Indiana Farmers Coliseum in 2023! Check out some of our upcoming promotions and special fan experiences!
- Friday, March 17 - An annual game where faith and hockey collide! Come out to Indiana Farmers Coliseum to celebrate Faith & Family Night with the Indy Fuel. Celebrate hockey, faith and fellowship as you enjoy endless burgers, hot dogs and popcorn – all FREE with a game ticket. It’s also St. Patrick’s Day, but don’t worry, you don’t have to be Irish to have a good time!
- Saturday, March 18 - Fans… start your engines! The Fort Wayne Komets arrive in the Racing Capital of the World for Racing Night! Fans in attendance can check out some racecars in the lobby and other racing-themed fun. Stay tuned for more details!
ABOUT THE INDY FUEL:
The Indy Fuel, proud ECHL affiliate of the National Hockey League’s Chicago Blackhawks and the American Hockey League’s Rockford IceHogs, have returned to Indiana Farmers Coliseum for their ninth season. Check out all the Fuel’s promotions, theme nights and get your tickets now HERE.